Friday, 16 March 2012

Tatty Project

I've learned a lot in the past few weeks, by making some big mistakes! I created several dummy books for the project, but the mixture of ideas and styles in the book ended up as overcomplicated and confusing. I liked some of the general compositions, so they will be useful. I'm going to move on from this project and use the things i've learnt! I would keep narrative scenes where the character appears, very separate from elements which are 'drawn' or stuck in (photos) by the character, perhaps using inserts. I wouldn't be tempted to add narrative scenes to a book which was planned as a simpler thing, e.g. Tatty's Scrapbook. It would be fun to plan a narrative where I could add props and more action to the photos on location.

These were some visual experiments:

No comments:

Post a Comment